I’ve got the blues for a bit of blue.
I love being near the sea, hearing the waves ripple, feeling the salty air against my skin. I took full advantage of time at the beach while I was in Dubai, spending mornings paddle-boarding, and afternoons watching the fiery sun set. For any of you planning a visit to the UAE, winter is the best time to go. The air is beautifully clear and crisp, and the temperature doesn’t go much above 30 degrees. We are lucky enough to experience the most beautiful sunsets, while Europe is cuddling up under their covers (which I’m doing myself now back in London!).
These photos are from a clear afternoon spent at one of the little fishing villages on the coast of the city. Couldn’t get enough of the evening walks along the new running track at Kite Beach. And speaking of new places, while I was in Dubai, I made sure to discover a few new munching spots that I’d love to share with you all, in case any of you are heading out there soon:
– Salt Food Truck – Location: Kite Beach (Munch on a burger with your toes in the sand)
– Gossip Café & Desserts – Location: Box Park (A Shoreditch-inspired spot perfect for girlie catchups)
– The Hamptons Café – Location: Jumeirah Beach Road (Posh café, always a good idea)
– Gordon Ramsey’s Bread Street Kitchen – Location: Atlantis Palm Jumeirah (Bringing a bit of Britain to the Palm, expect good English grub)
– Eggspectation – Location: JBR (Eggs, lots of them. Oh and a decent view of the sea too!)
– Ailuromania Cafe – Location: Umm Suqeim (OK so I haven’t been and I don’t have a cat, but it’s a café where you can bring your feline friends along. So random that I had to mention it!)